Expert Panel: Advancing the Practice of Data Governance Through Sophisticated Tools
Webinar Speaker: James Kobielus, Senior Research Director, Data Management
Date: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Time: 12:00 p.m. PT, 3:00 p.m. ET
Data governance ensures that business data remains trustworthy, compliant, relevant, and otherwise fit for use. In many enterprises, data governance is being implemented by business and IT stewards who use platforms and tools of growing sophistication. For example, modern data governance tools leverage cloud data catalogs to discover relevant metadata faster, scan new data sets for sensitive data, automate data cleansing and mastering, and tag and rate data for security and curation purposes.
As enterprises rise up the data governance maturity curve, they increasingly use AI/ML-driven tools to support real-time data quality monitoring and closed-loop issue detection and remediation. Join this webinar in which James Kobielus, TDWI senior research director for data management, engages industry experts to discuss issues surrounding the adoption of advanced tools for data governance.
Key questions that they will explore include:
- What business trends are spurring enterprises to evolve their data governance practices?
- To what extent are new compliance mandates—such as data ethics and algorithmic transparency---driving advances in data governance platforms and tools?
- What are the most significant recent innovations in data governance platforms and tooling?
- How important is AI/ML-driven automation in the future of enterprise data governance?
- How are data governance infrastructures evolving to span the increasingly complex hybrid, mesh, edge, and multicloud environments deployed in the enterprise?
- What is the core solution stack necessary to stand up a full-featured modern data governance infrastructure?
AI Governance Consultant
Paul-Marie Carfantan is an expert in the governance of Data, Analytics, and AI. At Dataiku, Paul-Marie advises large global organizations on their Analytics and AI governance activities, supporting the development of governance frameworks to align with organizational priorities and regulatory obligations. Working with organizations across geographies, industries, and governance maturities, Paul-Marie has focused on Analytics and AI governance topics within American Life Sciences and Financial Services.
In addition to working closely with organizations on Analytics and AI governance, Paul-Marie delivers Dataiku’s off-the-shelf Analytics and AI governance solutions, which address specific governance topics - like GxP for Life Sciences - and are designed to be used as-is or modified. Prior to Dataiku, Paul-Marie’s experience with technology governance includes work with Deloitte, Google, and Telefonica. In 2020, he was included in Santander-CIDOB 35 Under 35, which covers upcoming global technology leaders.
Paul-Marie leads Dataiku’s Queer ERG, has led several working groups on AI governance, and is a member of numerous related industry and academic working groups. He holds an MSc in Sustainability and Social Innovation from HEC Paris and an MSc in Data & Society from the London School of Economics.