Expert Panel: Best Practices for Building a Cloud Strategy and Migrating to the Cloud
Webinar Speaker: James Kobielus, Senior Research Director, Data Management
Date: Wednesday, August 24, 2022
Time: 12:00 p.m. PT, 3:00 p.m. ET
Enterprises are migrating data analytics applications to the cloud to gain the elasticity, efficiency, resilience, and other advantages of cloud-native computing.
In this panel, TDWI senior research director James Kobielus will lead data industry experts in a discussion of best practices for migrating data analytics to the cloud and for managing those assets on an ongoing basis.
They will discuss such issues as:
- Why should enterprises migrate their data analytics assets to the cloud?
- How should enterprises refactor and reengineer data analytics pipelines for cloud-native deployments?
- When, if ever, should enterprises migrate their data analytics assets to hybrid, multicloud, mesh, or complex cloud environments?
- What special challenges are associated with migrating DataOps and MLOps pipelines to the cloud at the same time?
- What cloud-native data analytics management functions should be centralized as they’re migrated to the cloud?
Koen Van Duyse
Vice President, Partner Success
Koen joined Collibra in 2014 and has been responsible for managing teams of solution engineering experts who help enterprise companies around the world get value out of their data. He has had a front-row seat to successful data intelligence programs and is now focusing on the relationship and joint success that Collibra has with cloud partners.
Rajeev Dave’s recent experience is around real-time consumer experience leveraging APIs, distributed cloud applications, and databases. Currently, at DataStax, he promotes AstraDB (database-as-a-service) and Astra Streaming (data and event streaming-as-a-service). Both are autoscaled based on demand and are available on AWS, GCP, and Azure.
SAP North American Business Technology Platform Center of Excellence
Steve Bickerton has been employed at SAP since 2007, and has been involved in the SAP analytics ecosystem since 1999. He is currently working in the North American BTP CoE, where he helps customers with their integration, data and analytics concerns. He has been a regular contributor to HANA Executive Advisory Council, and is a blogger on SAP communities. Prior to SAP, Steve worked for 10 years in the Investment Banks of both JPMorgan Chase and Goldman Sachs. Steve graduated with Honours from Carleton University (BA Economics) and has an M.B.A. from the University of Hartford with a specialization in Finance