Data Modeling: Drive Business Value and Underpin Governance with an Enterprise Data Model
February 3, 2023
Does your organization have hundreds of applications and numerous databases, each with different schema? There’s increasing regulatory pressure—first with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and now the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Then there’s unstructured data with no contextual framework to govern data flows across the enterprise, not to mention time-consuming manual data preparation and limited views of data lineage.
These are just a few of the reasons data modeling is more important today than ever before—and why we’ve written a white paper on it.
Learn more about data modeling and its business value in:
- Effectively managing and governing massive volumes of data
- Consolidating and building applications with hybrid architectures, including traditional, big data, cloud, and on-premises
- Supporting expanding regulatory requirements, such as GDPR and CCPA
- Simplifying collaboration across key roles and improving information alignment
- Improving business processes for operational efficiency and compliance
- Empowering employees with self-service access for enterprise data capability, fluency, and accountability
This paper also discusses the most common use cases as well as real-world stories of organizations that have successfully implemented data modeling.