Using Lakehouse Monitoring and Data Observability to Deliver Enterprise Data Reliability
Webinar Speaker: James Kobielus, Senior Research Director, Data Management
Date: Thursday, September 14, 2023
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ET
To deliver the best business outcomes, you must continually monitor the accuracy, consistency, and completeness of your data—in other words, you must ensure that the data in your lakehouses and other mission-critical platforms is reliable.
Data observability enables real-time monitoring of the pipelines that ingest and prepare the data being loaded into these operational platforms. Having all this real-time intelligence at your users’ fingertips enables you to proactively monitor, diagnose, and remediate data issues.
Join this webinar for a discussion of how data observability can boost your data reliability. TDWI’s James Kobielus and panelists will discuss the following key questions:
- What is data observability?
- What are the principal data reliability metrics that you should use data observability to monitor and manage?
- How should your organization deploy data observability to monitor and manage data reliability at scale on the lakehouse and throughout a diverse data ecosystem?
- How can you use data observability to identify reliability issues at the source?
- How should chief data officers, data engineers, data scientists, data analysts, and other stakeholders collaborate to ensure data reliability through robust monitoring and observability?
Senior Partner Solutions Architect
Pradeep is a senior partner solutions architect at Databricks, where he works on the Corpdev & Product Partnerships team. He helps build and evangelize technology partner integrations on the Databricks Lakehouse platform. With over a decade of experience in the data and analytics field, he continues to be a data nerd.
Chief Product Officer
Ramon Chen is the chief product officer at Acceldata. He brings more than three decades of enterprise product and marketing leadership experience. Chen is a widely read blogger and speaker on data observability, master data management, big data, AI, and cloud computing. A former software engineer, he has spent his entire career developing and marketing enterprise software, helping create market categories that solve enterprise business challenges, while establishing the companies he represents as leaders. He graduated from the University of Essex with a bachelor's degree in computer science, specializing in AI.