Using a Semantic Layer to Democratize the Enterprise Data Lakehouse
Webinar Speaker: James Kobielus, Senior Research Director, Data Management
Date: Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
Data lakehouses help enterprises simplify their data architectures. They do this by providing a core platform for unifying access, stewardship, and exploration of data and analytics resources.
To democratize access to data and thereby unlock the lakehouse’s full value, organizations require a semantic layer that delivers data’s full context and deep meanings. In a data lakehouse, the semantic layer helps users answer complex questions and view relationships among disparate data elements.
In this panel, TDWI senior research director James Kobielus will engage data industry experts from Databricks and Stardog in an in-depth discussion of how semantic layers can facilitate more agile data operations, reduce the cost of data integration, and help deliver powerful insights to address the most complex business challenges. The discussion will be relevant to enterprise data leaders and practitioners such as data scientists, data engineers, and data analysts.
The key issues addressed will include:
- What is a semantic layer?
- How can a semantic layer accelerate the democratization of your enterprise data lakehouse?
- How can enterprises leverage a semantic layer to harmonize data models with standard, well-understood concepts and vocabularies?
- How can knowledge graphs support flexible viewing of semantic relationships among business concepts across connected data domains in your enterprise data lakehouse?
- How can a graph database enable fast, efficient, robust, and ACID-compliant semantic processing of connected data domains?
- How can business vocabularies be enhanced through application of contextual data quality rules within a semantic layer?