Weaving the Data Mesh into Your Cloud Data Strategy
Webinar Speaker: James Kobielus, Senior Research Director, Data Management
Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
The data mesh supports unified access, governance, and sharing of data assets in enterprises where ownership of this precious resource is distributed across business domains. Increasingly, enterprises are implementing a data mesh to provide greater agility and to avoid the organizational bottlenecks often associated with more centralized and monolithic approaches to data management.
In this panel, TDWI senior research director James Kobielus will engage a data industry expert from Snowflake in an in-depth discussion of how enterprises should make the organizational and technological shifts toward data mesh architectures. The discussion will focus on several key issues:
- What is a data mesh?
- Why should enterprises consider implementing a data mesh?
- How does the data mesh differ from federated, fabric, and other distributed architectures?
- How costly, time-consuming, and complex is a data mesh to set up and administer?
- What enabling solutions should an enterprise adopt in order to implement a data mesh?
- What’s the first step in the enterprise journey toward data mesh?
- What are best practices for identifying data domains and decoupling them from organizational structures?
- What changes to an organization’s data management team and staffing models are necessary to implement a robust data mesh?
- How can you implement a single version of the truth in a data mesh?
- How can you ensure consistent data governance, security, and protection throughout a data mesh?
- What data integration mechanisms are best suited to the data mesh?
- How should analytical and operational data platforms be configured to take advantage of the data mesh?
- How does a data mesh complement, extend, or evolve enterprise data warehouses and data lakes?
- Is the data mesh a silo-busting strategy?
Product Marketing Manager
Scott is a product marketing manager at Snowflake, focused on data lakes and data governance. Prior to Snowflake, he worked for Tableau where he held various roles in marketing, focused on growth and strategy for Tableau Public. Scott holds an industrial engineering undergraduate degree and an MBA from the University of Central Florida.
Date: December 7, 2022
Time: 9:00 am PT