The Consumable Data Lakehouse: Using It to Advance Data Democratization
Webinar Speaker: James Kobielus, Senior Research Director, Data Management
Date: Wednesday, March 30, 2022
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
Data warehousing has been a pillar of business intelligence, operational reporting, and decision support for the past several decades.
As businesses leverage data in everything they do, more are unifying their data warehouse and data lake into a powerful new architecture, which increasingly goes by the popular name of “lakehouse.” This trend gives organizations an opportunity to democratize data access and thereby deliver more intelligent, contextual, and powerful data analytics applications. Indeed, the operationalization of deep learning, machine learning, natural language processing, and other artificial intelligence applications depends on enterprises’ ability to deliver on the lakehouse’s promise of ubiquitous data and analytics.
Join TDWI’s senior research director James Kobielus on this webinar to explore how enterprises can leverage lakehouses to accelerate data democratization within their organizations. He will discuss best practices for maximizing the consumability of cloud-based data lakehouses, focusing on such best practices as:
- Unifying access to all enterprise data assets within an open lakehouse architecture
- Presenting clear semantics across lakehouse data domains
- Empowering lakehouse users with self-service analytics tools
- Accelerating data-driven insights through a high-performance lakehouse architecture
- Augmenting users’ analytics journey with lakehouse-embedded recommenders that automatically and dynamically generate suggestions tailored to a user’s role, intention, search history, and other context
VP of Portfolio Marketing
Deepa Sankar is the VP of portfolio marketing at Dremio. Deepa has over 20 years of experience in marketing, product, and engineering in data and analytics space. Prior to Dremio, Deepa headed the Cloud/iPaaS Product Marketing at Informatica. Before Informatica, Deepa was an entrepreneur with a mission to make the world a safer place for kids.