Modernizing Data Governance for the Cloud
Webinar Speaker: David Stodder, Senior Director of Research for BI, TDWI
Date: Thursday, March 24, 2022
Time: 12:00 p.m. PT, 3:00 p.m. ET
Cloud migration is a dominant trend among companies of all sizes. Newer organizations commonly adopt a cloud-first strategy for all applications, data platforms, and data pipelines. Cloud computing is a huge draw because it offers higher scalability, flexibility, cost elasticity, and deployment speed than traditional on-premises environments. Yet TDWI finds that organizations have major concerns about data governance and related issues such as access control, authorized data sharing, and security. Cloud-native paradigms such as containerization, data pipelines, API-based data access and sharing, and DevOps adoption often add to governance challenges.
To ensure appropriate use, sharing, and storage of data and to avoid the penalties of regulatory violations due to the exposure of sensitive data, organizations need a sound data governance strategy updated to fit today’s cloud computing and hybrid multicloud environments. Join this TDWI webinar to learn how you can create a strategy for success with data governance in the cloud.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Why data governance in the cloud can be difficult and demanding
- Updating data governance policies and practices for cloud data pipelines and platforms
- Modernizing governance to align with containerization, APIs, DevOps, and DataOps trends
- How modern automation can make governance easier and more consistent
- Improving governance to ensure superior data quality and trust as data volumes, ETL and data pipeline workloads, and user populations increase
Senior Director of Product Marketing
Paul Lacey is a senior director of product marketing at Matillion. He has extensive experience with big data processing, analytics, and OCR data extraction technologies having led both product marketing and engineering teams across several SaaS technology companies. At Matillion, Paul focuses on helping customers make their data useful by leveraging best-in-class emerging technologies in the cloud.