Deploying an Internal Data Marketplace: The Journey to Modern Data Governance
Webinar Speaker: James Kobielus, Senior Research Director, Data Management
Date: Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
Data governance and curation are both an operational necessity and a strategic asset for modern enterprises. On the operational side, strong governance enables enterprises to manage their information assets so they all remain correct, consistent, compliant, unbiased, and secure for all intended uses. On the strategic side, these same controls help ensure that only the highest quality and most relevant data is used in customer-facing products and services.
Join this webinar with TDWI’s senior research director James Kobielus to learn how modern organizations are addressing the challenges and opportunities associated with data governance and curation. He will examine how cloud-based environments are shaping these practices, specifically focusing on how enterprises can apply modern data governance and curation to deploy an internal data marketplace: a highly secure and curated repository of data where users can search, find, procure, and analyze the data sets they need according to compliant policies and in a self-service fashion.
Key topics he will discuss include:
- Leveraging searchable data catalogs, business glossaries, rich metadata management, and internal data marketplaces within enterprise governance and curation processes
- Applying governance and curation controls to new cloud data sources, including actionable data sourced from internal data marketplaces
- Enforcing consistent governance and curation practices across complex business clouds
- Protecting data privacy through anonymization, de-identification, tokenization, and other controls built into governance and curation tooling
- Migrating data governance and curation tools so they integrate with cloud-native platforms
- Deploying an internal data marketplace in the cloud, including a reference architecture
Data and Analytics Partner Segment Leader
Subhasis Bhattacharya is a data and analytics partner segment leader at AWS. He is recognized as an innovator and visionary with a history of guiding large-scale data transformation efforts and executing complex projects in the development and implementation of disruptive analytical solutions that address current and future business challenges.
Senior Customer Advisory Director
Alexander Tsinman is a senior customer advisory director on Collibra's strategic advisory team. Alex manages the long-term success of Collibra's biggest and most complex customers. Alex collaborates with Collibra’s customers and external partners to tackle some of the most challenging, interesting, and value-add problems facing the industry.
VP of Solution Engineering
James Rice is the VP of solution engineering at Protegrity. He has 20 years of enterprise software and consulting experience, providing solution engineering, value engineering, and implementation services for the security, risk, and compliance domains. Most recently James has been working with organizations across industries on data protection and privacy to empower business innovation within digital transformation, data analytics, and AI/ML use cases.