Modernizing Your Approaches to Data Architecture
TDWI Speaker: David Loshin, President of Knowledge Integrity
Date: Wednesday, March 24, 2021
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
The rush to migrate applications and data to the cloud has accelerated over the past few years as cloud service providers rapidly introduce new value-added services on top of their basic computing and storage capabilities. Because the cloud offers virtually unlimited resources, corporate officers in the C-suite are quickly pivoting their approaches to enterprise architecture from on-premises systems to a hybrid multicloud environment. If you are playing a role in your organization’s modernized data strategy, why settle for an old-fashioned approach to data architecture?
When transitioning to a modernized hybrid multicloud environment, recognize that the data management and migration effort can be complex and can’t be accomplished in a single day. However, if you start with the right architecture and develop a strategic transition plan, you can incrementally tackle important use cases, demonstrate some key wins, and then continue making progress.
In this webinar, we discuss a variety of components that can be simplified using a modernized, platform management approach to data architecture and analytics.
Attendees will learn about:
- Architectural paradigms embracing the cloud
- Cloud-based data platforms and interoperation between data warehouses and data lakes
- Data accessibility, sharing, and collaborative self-service
- Balancing the use of structured, semistructured, and unstructured data
- Integrating fine-grained data protection to share data securely
- Simplification using a platform management approach