Preparing for the Cloud Data Platform
Webinar Speaker: Philip Russom, Senior Research Director for Data Management
Date: Tuesday, June 23, 2020
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
We all know that the cloud is the future of IT infrastructure. Likewise, the cloud data platform is the future of data management.
Responses from a recent TDWI survey predict that within three years the average enterprise will have a greater volume of data on the cloud than on premises. The survey also revealed that some organizations have already passed this tipping point.
Where will cloud-based data go? With very few exceptions, enterprises will store, manage, and process cloud-based data on one or more cloud data platforms. This makes the cloud data platform a mission-critical piece of IT infrastructure, especially in data-driven use cases.
Given that the cloud data platform is the future heart of data management, this TDWI webinar helps enterprises prepare for its successful use by exploring:
- Definitions of cloud providers, multicloud, cloud data platforms, cloud data warehouses, and cloud data lakes
- Relationships among these—plus how they can knit together in a unified cloud data architecture
- Real-world use cases and infrastructure roles for cloud data platforms
- Requirements of a modern cloud data platform based on actual usage
- Critical success factors around selecting a cloud data platform, migrating data to it, designing and deploying solutions atop it, and governing and securing it
Philip Russom, Ph.D.