Cross-Cloud Data Replication Strategies for Multicloud Regions
Webinar Speaker: David Stodder, Senior Director of Research for BI, TDWI
Date: Thursday, May 28, 2020
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
Mastering new challenges to ensure data sharing, availability, and user satisfaction
Few things are more essential to receiving value from data assets than data replication, but the job has changed for many organizations because they now have data in multiple cloud regions. Cross-cloud data replication is critical to keeping data copies up-to-date and in sync between data sources and a centralized cloud data warehouse, between those sources and a cloud data lake, or between distributed copies of data shared by other applications. Slow, inconsistent, unsecured, and poorly managed data replication can undermine trust in the data and render data sharing, including for monetization, almost impossible. Business continuity also relies on good cross-cloud data replication for failover and disaster recovery.
Organizations need to modernize data replication strategies to adjust to a multicloud world. Attend this TDWI Webinar to learn how you can establish cross-cloud data replication to meet the challenges of working with data assets spread across multiple cloud regions for cloud data warehouses and data lakes.
Topics to be discussed in this webinar include:
- How to match cross-cloud data replication with user requirements for performance, availability, and concurrency
- How to use cross-cloud data replication to facilitate migration between platforms
- Disaster recovery and data loss prevention using cross-cloud data replication
- Tips for handling data security, privacy, and governance during replication
- Technology trends for faster, more automated, and easier data replication