Five Strategies for Modernizing Data Warehousing via the Cloud
Webinar Speaker: David Stodder, Senior Director of Research for BI, TDWI
Date: Thursday, October 24, 2019
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
The cloud is rapidly moving to the forefront for modernizing data warehousing and related data management to support analytics, AI, and machine learning. Recent research by TDWI finds that nearly two-thirds of organizations surveyed (64%) are planning to apply cloud data management to support analytics and about half are moving to the cloud specifically for data warehousing and reporting. Cloud computing’s promise for scalability, elasticity, and speed of deployment is highly attractive to organizations that are broadening data access to more types of users, more data interaction, and more workloads devoted to analytics, AI, and machine learning.
Modernization via the cloud gives organizations an opportunity to revamp critical data pipelines, ETL, data quality, and other data preparation processes to meet the exponentially higher levels of data volume, variety, and speed to insight demanded by today’s businesses. However, such changes are never simple; success requires a well-thought-out strategy that addresses organizational and governance issues as well as data requirements.
Attend this TDWI Webinar to learn how to create the right strategy for modernizing data warehousing and related data management by bringing them into the cloud.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Top five issues to address with modernization via the cloud
- How to use the cloud to align data strategy with dynamic business needs
- Where to focus with data pipelines, ETL, and other data preparation processes to maximize benefits
- How to reset governance, security, metadata management, and more as you modernize via the cloud
- Talend’s and Microsoft’s perspectives on how to solve modernization challenges