Best Practices for Data Engineering in the Cloud
Webinar Speaker: Fern Halper, TDWI VP Research, Senior Research Director for Advanced Analytics
Date: Wednesday, July 17, 2019
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
As more organizations move to analytics in the cloud, the trend is use a hybrid cloud architecture to minimize data movement and ensure data security and privacy. As more organizations adopt these hybrid data architectures, an effective data engineering process becomes essential to maximize agility and speed time to insight.
Some organizations try to solve their data engineering bottlenecks by throwing more resources at them, causing costs to skyrocket while having no effect on their time to insight. Leading companies are adopting data engineering best practices and software platforms that support them to streamline the data engineering process, which can speed analytics cycles, democratize data in a well-governed manner, and support the discovery of new insights.
Join us for this webinar to learn more about the emerging best practices for data engineering in a modern hybrid cloud environment. In this webinar you will learn:
- Trends, opportunities, and challenges of managing data for analytics in the cloud
- The role of a hybrid cloud architecture in supporting cloud analytics
- Data engineering challenges in a hybrid cloud environment
- Best practices for data engineering in a hybrid cloud environment
- Critical capabilities required from a data platform to support these best practices
Fern Halper, Ph.D.