Cloud Data Management
Webinar Speaker: Philip Russom, Senior Research Director for Data Management
Date: Wednesday, June 19, 2019
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
Cloud data management (CDM) is simply data management that involves clouds. For example, when focused on data persistence, CDM provides cloud-native data storage and optimized processing for the burgeoning volumes of enterprise data, big data, and data from new sources that users are choosing to manage and use on clouds. When focused on integration, CDM provides data integration infrastructure (with related functions for quality and semantics) to unify multicloud and hybrid on-premises/cloud environments.
The point of CDM is to extend data management to deeply support cloud environments. Cloud offers users and their businesses many benefits. These include cloud’s elastic scalability, zero system integration and administration, massive storage capacity, and low cost. Cloud users have reaped those benefits with common use cases such as SaaS applications and advanced analytics. Now they need the power of cloud to give data management solutions greater speed and scale with less admin and cost.
In this TDWI webinar about CDM, you will learn about:
- Business and technology drivers, trends, and key business use cases for CDM
- Benefits of and barriers to CDM, plus how these affect user planning
- Market statistics about user practices, perceptions, maturity
- Tool and platform requirements for common CDM use cases
- Role of Hadoop, open source, cloud, and other new data platforms or tools
- CDM’s impact on hybrid architectures for systems and data
- Organizational matters like governance, staffing, sponsorship, and ownership
- CDM’s priority use cases for cloud data warehousing and analytics, cloud data integration and quality, operational applications, and IoT
Philip Russom, Ph.D.