How to Use Data Prep to Accelerate Cloud Data Lake Adoption
Webinar Speaker: David Stodder, Senior Director of Research for BI, TDWI
Date: Tuesday, March 12, 2019
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
What began as a trickle is now the mainstream: Organizations are moving to the cloud for data management. No longer is the cloud just a cheaper place to park data; it is key to supporting business-critical innovation in advanced analytics, data science, and AI as well as for end-user business intelligence, data exploration, and data visualization. Data lakes and data warehouses running on market-leading platforms such as AWS are growing fast, just as they are on the platforms of competing providers.
However, as cloud-based workloads grow in number and size, organizations are facing difficult data preparation challenges. The flow of data—raw, diverse, and frequently unstructured—can quickly turn cloud data lakes into impenetrable swamps. Without good data preparation technologies and practices, users of all types are frustrated; their productivity and satisfaction suffer because it’s too hard to get accurate data that’s appropriately transformed and structured for their purposes.
Join this TDWI Webinar to learn how you can get on top of data preparation challenges as your organization adopts the cloud for data management. In this webinar, you will learn:
- How you can accelerate turning raw, cloud-based source data into well-prepared outputs for data warehousing, analytics, and ML
- Technology trends shaping data preparation solutions for cloud data lakes and data warehouses
- How to use data preparation to get the most out of cloud data platforms such as AWS
- Best practices for increasing self-service data preparation for data engineers, scientists, and analysts
- How to improve governance using data preparation technologies and techniques