Getting Started with Data Integration in the Cloud
Webinar Speaker: Philip Russom, Senior Research Director for Data Management
Date: Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
Cloud continues to rise in importance as a platform for many IT systems, including those for data integration. Many organizations have now achieved a maturity level where they are using multiple cloud-based applications and online data sources. These users now need data integration tool platforms that support hybrid data environments so they can unify on-premises and cloud-based data sources and targets. Similarly, users increasingly need data integration processing to run natively on clouds (not just on premises), so that data integration functions and related capabilities are closer to software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications, Web data sources, multiple clouds, and increasingly popular cloud-based databases, data lakes, and data warehouses.
TDWI has recently completed a new Checklist Report that gets users started with data integration in the cloud. The report looks at current trends and requirements, then recommends starting points and best practices for users who need to embrace cloud data integration.
Attendees will learn:
- What cloud integration is and does
- Compelling, real-world use cases for cloud data integration
- How cloud helps data integration and vice versa
- What to look for in a cloud data integration platform
- How a cloud data integration platform can enable self-service data practices
- How to download a free copy of the TDWI Checklist Report
Philip Russom, Ph.D.