Putting Data Governance at the Heart: Shortening Healthcare’s Path to AI
Webinar Speaker: David Stodder, Senior Director of Research for BI, TDWI
Guest Speaker: Dan Morales, Senior Offering Manager, Industry Models, IBM
Date: Tuesday, September 11,2018
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
How healthcare firms and others can advance with well-governed and integrated information to shorten the path to AI.
Organizations in healthcare and other industries are putting a priority on generating high-quality, data-driven insights for reducing costs, increasing quality, adhering to regulations, and building better patient relationships. Yet, that’s always easier said than done, especially as the complexity of collecting and integrating data only rises with time. In the healthcare industry, providers and payers are facing dramatic changes that affect every aspect of their businesses, from patient care to clinical cost management to payments to regulatory reporting and auditing. At the same time, competitive pressures from new players entering the industry—from retail, technology, and other sectors as well as digital start-ups—mean that to survive and prosper, organizations need to gather, integrate, and analyze more and different types of data.
Establishing data governance and a unified analytics platform is essential to managing growing data volumes. This is especially true as users seek to integrate and analyze assets that stretch across different systems that are on premises and in the cloud. Healthcare organizations need to know how they can apply data management best practices and governance steps that work in other industries, and professionals in other industries can learn from what’s being done in the fast-changing world of healthcare.
By 2021, 20% of healthcare organizations will have achieved 15 to 20 % productivity gains through the adoption of cognitive/AI technology.
Join this TDWI Webinar to learn how organizations can establish a governed, curated, and integrated data and information foundation that supports business-critical projects for analytics, performance management, and advanced initiatives involving artificial intelligence and machine learning. This webinar will look at governance and data management practices that apply to all industries, but it will focus in particular on how they address hot issues in the healthcare industry.
Topics to be covered in this webinar include:
- What happens when data governance is inadequate, and how you can correct course and strengthen governance
- How to build a governed landing zone for newly integrated and curated data and information, avoiding “garbage in, garbage out” nightmares
- Creating an analytics data platform that can support data-driven strategies for improving treatment outcomes and patient engagement
- How governed data management can support business agility as healthcare organizations seek to track and analyze KPIs and metrics for care management, disease risk, or supply chain
- Establishing a governed information resource to accomplish the “triple aim” of improving patient experiences, improving population health, and reducing per capita healthcare costs.