Getting Data In: Answering the Challenge of Growing Sources of BI Data
TDWI Speaker: Claudia Imhoff, Intelligent Solutions, Inc.
Date: Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
Data, data everywhere… Today’s BI and analytics implementation experts are faced with increasing volumes and sources of data – on premises and off – new and innovative technologies, more complex data integration and quality issues, and difficulties in maintaining and enhancing these diverse BI architectures.
On this webinar, we will examine the architectural components needed to support robust and easy-to-maintain access to all the data needed for effective analytics environments. We will introduce the concept of data provisioning and how to bring the critical data assets together through a data catalog, giving examples of how the catalog is used today. And, we’ll end with a discussion around the functions and features needed in a robust data catalog.
Attendees will learn:
- The challenges facing implementers of complicated analytics environments
- The need to expand the analytics architectures and the critical components supporting analytics
- The need for a sophisticated data catalog that ensures successful access to and deployment of data assets
- Examples of data catalog usage
- Things to think about when selecting a data catalog
Claudia Imhoff, Ph.D.