Emerging Best Practices for Data Lakes
TDWI Speaker: Philip Russom, TDWI Research Director
Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
It’s no surprise that data warehouse professionals are quickly adopting Hadoop. According to a recent TDWI survey, the number of deployed Hadoop clusters is up 60% over two years. While Hadoop is an effective design pattern for capturing and quickly ingesting a wide range of raw data types, there have been a number of challenges organizations have faced in realizing the true business value from their Hadoop-based data lakes.
To help you avoid any of these potential pitfalls, this webinar, based on results of TDWI’s independent research, will share the top recommendations and emerging best practices you should consider when planning for the execution of a successful Hadoop-based data lake:
- How to design a data lake to balance both business and technology goals
- How to create a scalable data onboarding process
- What type of data integration infrastructure is needed?
- How to integrate your data lake with enterprise data architectures
- Data management best practices for the data lake
- New best practices for business analytics enabled by the data lake
Philip Russom, Ph.D.