The What, Why, When, and How of Data Warehouse Modernization
TDWI Speaker: Philip Russom, TDWI Research Director
Date: Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
Despite their ongoing evolution, data warehouses (DWs) are more relevant than ever as they support operationalized analytics and wring business value from machine data and other new forms of big data. In the age of big data analytics, it’s important to modernize a DW environment to keep it competitive and aligned with business goals.
Yet user organizations struggle to stay on top of trends and take the right action to modernize their DW investments. Many users need to catch up by deploying a number of upgrades and extensions to their existing DW environments and by adopting modern development methods. Once caught up, they need a strategy for continuous modernization.
The purpose of this webinar is to accelerate users’ understanding of the many options— both old and new—for modernizing a DW. It will also help readers map newly available technologies, products, and practices to real-world use cases with a focus on extending the life span, range of uses, and business value of existing warehouses.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- What DW modernization is and its trends
- Business and technology drivers of DW modernization, along with benefits
- Why you need DW modernization to keep pace with evolving business goals; plus markets, competitors, and partners
- When to apply the various manifestations of DW modernization
- How diverse technologies and methods enable DW modernization, including in-memory, in-database, analytics, data prep, real-time, and security functions; plus new data platforms based on columns, appliances, graph, and Hadoop
Philip Russom, Ph.D.