Demystifying Elastic Data Warehousing: Perceptual Barriers versus Real-World Benefits
TDWI Speaker: Philip Russom, TDWI Research Director
Date: Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
In recent years, some users have harbored concerns about clouds in general, as well as their use in data warehousing. As the number of user organizations practicing elastic data warehousing on clouds has increased, the track record of success has helped other users get past perceptual barriers and other myths concerning security, multi-tenancy, and interfacing with clouds.
We all know that data warehouses and users’ best practices for them are changing dramatically today. As users build new data warehouses and modernize established ones, they are turning to cloud-based elastic data warehousing, because the automation of elasticity yields agility, ease of use, scalability, and performance, while reducing maintenance, tuning, capital investments, and other costs.
This webinar will:
- Demystify elastic data warehousing by debunking myths about it
- Define elastic data warehousing and its goals in terms that data management professionals and business users can relate to
- Show how cloud-based data-driven tools and platforms have proved themselves, such that users are now more comfortable adopting them
- Discuss the real-world benefits of data warehousing, data management, and analytics on elastic clouds
- Explain how data warehousing solutions built to leverage the full capabilities of an elastic cloud can satisfy new requirements for analytics, big data, data streams, and multi-structured data
Philip Russom, Ph.D.