February 19, 2016
Looking Back to Look Forward
As surely as groundhogs predict the weather, February means it’s time for another issue of Best of TDWI: Top Stories and What’s Ahead, our annual compilation of some of TDWI’s best-received and most relevant articles, research, and information about all things data.
The past year saw BI take a step out of IT’s shadow and into the hands of business users with the progress of self-service data prep and engineering. That progress didn’t come without concerns, though, as conversations about good data governance and security in the age of IoT became more prominent.
TDWI is committed to helping data professionals get smarter with information that is educational, enlightening, and immediately applicable. We hope you enjoy this year’s issue of the Best of TDWI.
Here’s what you’ll find inside:
- TDWI Best Practices Reports covering expanded visual analytics and where we stand with next-generation analytics tools
- TDWI Checklist Reports that teach best practices for delivering actionable customer intelligence and bringing data-driven applications to the enterprise
- BI This Week articles debunking the BI industry's biggest myth, as well as doing a little expectation-setting for Hadoop implementations
and excerpts from our exclusive Premium Member publications:
- Business Intelligence Journal featuring creative use of social media methods for delivering BI
- TDWI Flashpoint explorations of agile and streaming analytics
- Ten Mistakes to Avoid when developing a master data management program
Best of TDWI is sponsored by the following vendors:
Birst's patented two-tier data architecture and comprehensive BI platform sits on top of all of your data, to unify, refine, and embed data into every individual decision.
Empower Anyone in the Enterprise to Put Data to Work
Talend Data Preparation enables anyone in the enterprise to quickly prepare data for analytics and operations with visibility, governance and control.
Learn how a hybrid environment from SAP puts your data in context, combining the benefits of a data warehouse and a data lake.
A Data to Intelligence Company. Building Lakes in the Cloud and Making Big Data Solutions Meaningful for All Enterprises
Innovating and engineering platforms for high-performance, analytics, data integration, and BI on-premises, in the cloud, or for hybrid environments.
Attivio Data Source Discovery profiles data across silos, identifies the best information for analysis, and unifies disparate sources to provision for BI and predictive analytics.
Our work experience with large enterprises across a wide variety of industries can help you truly deliver on the promise of Big Data. Contact us at email@example.com