Actian Data Platform Relaunches with Integration as a Service
Unified platform eases data management across cloud, on-premises, and hybrid environments to power more business users and data-intensive applications.
Note: TDWI's editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Actian Corporation, the data and analytics division of HCLSoftware, has relaunched the Actian Data Platform (formerly known as Avalanche), which features hybrid integration as a service (IaaS) capabilities. The enhanced platform supports businesses' confidence in their data, improves data quality, assists in lowering costs, and enables better decision making across the business.
The Actian Data Platform is unique in its ability to collect, manage, and analyze data in real time with its transactional database, data integration, data quality, and data warehouse capabilities in an easy-to-use platform. It manages data from any public cloud, multi/hybrid cloud, and on-premises environments through a single pane of glass.
"The Actian Data Platform provides businesses with self-service data integration that lowers costs and addresses multiple use cases without needing multiple products," said Emma McGrattan, senior vice president of engineering at Actian. "We simplify the delivery of real-time analytics and insights that businesses can both trust and use to act quickly.”
With Actian integration as a service, the platform makes data integration, data quality, and data preparation easier than ever, wrapped in a new user interface and user experience design. The platform's new API-first integration capabilities allow businesses to bring data from wide sources into the platform to bridge data silos and streamline data workflows effortlessly. The platform's native integration capabilities and data quality services are a robust set of tools essential for data management and data preparation, such as:
- Connect data sources: Businesses can integrate and transform their data from wide sources by building or using existing APIs via easy-to-use, drag-and-drop blocks for self-service, removing the need to use intricate programming or coding language.
- Connect to multiple applications: Create connections to applications offering a REST or SOAP API. Easily use these connections to create reusable business data integration, application integration, and manage API connections between cloud and local applications.
- Broaden access to data: With no-code, low-code, and pro-code integration and transformation options, the platform broadens usability across the business. The ease-of-use reduces reliance on database and cloud deployment experts and quickens application delivery time.
- Simplify data profiling: Provides the ability to profile data to identify data characteristics, data anomalies, assess data quality, and determine data preparation needs for standardization.
- Improve data quality: Track data quality over time and apply rules to existing integrations to quickly identify and isolate data inconsistencies.
The Actian Data Platform supports the rise of advanced use cases such as generative AI by automating time-consuming data preparation tasks, such as data aggregation, handling missing values, and standardizing data from various sources. Actian’s ability to enable AI-ready data gives customers confidence in the data they use to train AI models effectively and explore new opportunities in our fast-paced digital economy.
The platform will feature Actian database as a service, a flexible co-managed service that simplifies the deployment of transactional databases in the cloud. This service is currently available to select customers in an Early Access Program.
Learn more about the Actian Data Platform here: https://www.actian.com/data-platform/