Teradata Helps Customers Accelerate AI-led Initiatives with New ModelOps Capabilities
New capabilities simplify AI model deployment and ensure trusted AI.
Note: TDWI's editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Teradata enhanced its leading AI/ML model management software in ClearScape Analytics (e.g., ModelOps). These new features -- including “no-code” capabilities, as well as robust new governance and AI explainability controls -- enable businesses to accelerate, scale, and optimize AI/ML deployments to quickly generate business value from their AI investments.
Deploying AI models into production is notoriously challenging. A recent O'Reilly's survey on AI adoption in the enterprise found that only 26% of respondents currently have models deployed in production, with many companies stating they have yet to see a return on their AI investments. This is compounded by the recent excitement around generative AI and the pressure many executives are under to implement it within their organization, according to a recent survey by IDC, sponsored by Teradata.
ModelOps in ClearScape Analytics makes it easier to operationalize AI investments by addressing many of the key challenges that arise when moving from model development to deployment in production: end-to-end model life cycle management, automated deployment, governance for trusted AI, and model monitoring. The governed ModelOps capability is designed to supply the framework to manage, deploy, monitor, and maintain analytics outcomes. It includes capabilities such as auditing data sets, code tracking, model approval workflows, monitoring model performance, and alerting when models are not performing well.
New capabilities and enhancements to ModelOps include:
- Bring Your Own Model (BYOM), now with no-code capabilities, allows users to deploy their own machine learning models without writing any code, simplifying the deployment journey with automated validation, deployment and monitoring
- Mitigation of regulatory risks with advanced model governance capabilities and robust explainability controls to ensure trusted AI
- Automatic monitoring of model performance and data drift with zero configuration alerts
Teradata customers are already using ModelOps to accelerate time-to-value for their AI investments:
- A major U.S. healthcare institution uses ModelOps to speed up deployment and scale its AI/ML personalization. The institution accelerated its deployment with a 3X increase in productivity to successfully deploy 30 AI/ML models that implement “personalization at scale.”
- A major European financial institution leveraged ModelOps to reduce AI model deployment time from five months to one week. The models are deployed at scale and integrated with operational data to deliver business value.
For more information on the new capabilities of ModelOps in ClearScape Analytics, visit https://www.teradata.com/Platform/ClearScape-Analytics/ModelOps.