OpenDrives Unveils Vendor-Agnostic, Software-Driven Data Ecosystem
Open protocols and standards unlock high-performance, low-space systems for media.
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
OpenDrives, Inc., a global provider of enterprise-scale, software-powered storage solutions, has released its latest software features as part of its Open Ecosystem solution. Powered by Atlas Core, the centralized hub for accessing, managing, and moving data with a single-pane-of-glass administrative view, the Open Ecosystem bridges software, hardware, and services. This facilitates workflows and workloads that require flexibility, modularity, and scalability, with a fully vendor-agnostic framework.
“The true value of data materializes when users and applications are actively working with it, so it’s critical to move data rapidly to the right users and apps upon request,” said Sean Lee, chief strategy and operations officer at OpenDrives.
OpenDrives leverages open protocols and standards to future-proof the entire data life cycle, no matter the size, scale, or location. New integrations with solutions partners, including Creative Mobile Solutions, EVS, Western Digital, and Signiant, provide the Open Ecosystem to liberate data.
Open Ecosystem Unlocks Enterprise-Scale Data Storage Functionality
OpenDrives has scaled from providing network-attached storage (NAS) solutions rooted in media and entertainment to powering the Open Ecosystem built for enterprise-scale general purpose IT. The full-suite solution now includes:
- Atlas Core: Underlying software functionality that powers multivendor, multicloud solutions with a seamless framework that connects partner solutions quickly and simply
- Atlas Cloud Plus: Managed service solution for enterprises needing to adopt a hybrid cloud strategy to accelerate workloads in the cloud without the operational headaches
- Ultra Hardware Platform: Scale-up, scale-out storage built to match individual complexities and performance demands with a 2U form factor
New Software Capabilities with S3 Sharing, SMB and NFS, and Containerization
OpenDrives also announced today the release of powerful new capabilities behind the latest software features from Atlas Core, including:
- S3 Shares: Create a local or distributed file system and then serve the file system as an S3 bucket endpoint; applications and clients can share the same data in the same file system using both object and file protocols.
- Templates for SMB and NFS Shares: Specify customizations for SMB/NFS shares to suit any environment and speed up deployment of any future provisioning.
- Mount Management: Access or reshare files or remote systems through common open protocols such as NFS, SMB, USB, and S3. S3 cloud partnerships allow customers to select AWS, SpectraLogic Black Pearl, or Wasabi.
- SED Management: Take control of security measures with full management of self-encrypting drives with Atlas support of TCG standards, including Enterprise and Opal2.
- Expanded Containerization: Choose from a growing, open marketplace of preconfigured, containerized applications. Hashicorp Vault (cloud security automation), Archiware P5 (archive, backup, and cloning) and Resilio (real-time syncs) have been added.
- New HD/HDX Modules: Add these high-density, powerful options to the stack when massive scale and cost efficiency are a priority. Available with OpenDrives Optimum and Momentum hardware series.
- Cluster Management: Experience expanded clustering and management abilities for any of scale-out and/or high-availability requirements.
OpenDrives Primes Enterprise for Unfettered Data Movement and Access
OpenDrives is evolving past a singular focus on engineering highly performant on-premises storage toward a broader emphasis on creating software-based solutions that facilitates unfettered movement and access of data between and across data environments. The company is building out its vision for an entire data environment designed around open standards and open integration: the Open Ecosystem.
“An agnostic multivendor, multicloud approach provides the pathway to optimizing data, but it will be interoperability and true ‘coopetition’ among solution providers that will make data movement borderless,” added Lee.
To learn more about OpenDrives and its Open Ecosystem, visit opendrives.com. For a live or remote demo, email [email protected].