Alteryx’s New Cloud Capabilities Empower Businesses to Deploy Analytics at Enterprise Scale
Advancements in cloud analytics and data governance help enterprises employ analytics more widely.
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Alteryx, Inc. has released advancements that empower enterprises to enable cloud analytics, democratize insights, and ensure data governance.
Data-driven enterprises require analytics automation platforms and data architectures that span cloud, on-premises, and hybrid environments. Organizations are increasingly deploying modern data architectures built on cloud data warehouses and data lakehouses while supporting SaaS applications and analytics.
Alteryx offers intelligent data transformation and insights in the cloud at scale. Bolstered by its recent acquisition of Trifacta, Alteryx offers enhanced integrations with leading cloud data warehouses including Databricks, Snowflake, and Google BigQuery. The integrations support high-performance native pushdown capabilities, shortening the time to derive insights from big data sets from hours to minutes.
New Capabilities Deliver Insights with Ease
Businesses can further drive analytics automation for all with new, easy-to-use capabilities across the full Alteryx product portfolio. New ease of use capabilities include:
- Alteryx Designer has been updated for a modern look and feel with new tools, layout icons, and fonts.
- Alteryx Intelligence Suite includes capabilities for text mining and computer vision including a barcode reader tool (part of its speech tool) and a key value pair tool. These intelligent tools allow users to easily analyze unstructured data.
- Alteryx Auto Insights is now seamlessly integrated with Designer Desktop and Server. Users can automatically connect, configure, and schedule Auto Insights from their workflows to gain AI-driven insights from their data.
- Alteryx Machine Learning offers substantial enhancements to predictive time series modeling, including new functionality that allows for trending, seasonality, and increased performance which enables a business user to build machine learning models.
- Alteryx is starting Early Access for its Metric Store capability. The Metric store will allow enterprises to easily define standard key performance indicators that can be reused by anyone in the organization to rapidly, consistently, and accurately derive insights.
Governance Advancements Enable Enterprise Scale Analytics
As businesses democratize analytics automation, it is essential to support robust governance practices to protect data integrity. New Alteryx governance capabilities include:
- Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta, which brings together Alteryx Designer’s ease of use with the Trifacta cloud-native multi-tenant architecture, adds SSH tunneling capabilities to enhance security in the cloud.
- Alteryx now officially supports persistent and non-persistent virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) deployments enablingenterprises to easily manage Alteryx in large-scale virtualized environments.
In all, these latest developments and enhanced cloud connectivity enable Alteryx customers to embrace analytics automation and derive insights across the organization. More information is available at www.alteryx.com.