Directus Launches Directus 9 Open Data Platform
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Directus, a leading software company democratizing the future of data management, has released Directus 9, an open data platform.. With a new codebase built on Node.js and Vue.js 3, Directus 9 achieves faster performance than previous versions for fast SQL query responses, whether browsing vast data sets in the Directus app or performing deeply nested relational API requests.
- Database abstraction: Expanded database support to include MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Microsoft SQL Server, CockroachDB, Oracle DB, and variants such as MariaDB, AWS RedShift, and AWS Aurora
- Lightning-fast performance: 10X I/O speeds and native support for caching via Redis or memory
- Overhauled permissions: Open-ended, rule-based access control and validation, with customizable filters
- Directus insights: The ability to pull actionable insights into robust, customizable dashboards with charts and visualization tools alongside content
- Many-to-any relationships (or page builder): The ability to create relationships that span any number of collections to support any data model type
- Nestable folders: The ability to organize assets and leverage powerful on-the-fly image resizing and transformations
- Displays: Decoupled interaction and presentation interfaces, enabling users to manage field values on a details page separate from inline presentation
- Built-in docs and a tailored API reference: Dynamic references for all collections and field endpoints, along with versioned docs built into the app
- Auth integrations: Deep SSO integration for OAuth2, OpenID, and LDAP for improved authentication
- Enhanced developer experience: Data aggregation, advanced relational filtering, data set import/export via JSON or CSV, and more
Directus 9 is delivered as an on-premises solution or managed cloud offering for quickly getting up and running with a demo or blank instance. Directus Cloud will also offer exclusive features and a Community Cloud option.
In development for nearly two decades, the Directus platform powers internal data tools and omnichannel digital experiences for the world's most forward-looking organizations and companies, including Comcast, Stihl, the Canadian Government, and many others.
Directus 9 is available as a premium self-hosted app under its open-source license, or within a fully-managed standard or dedicated enterprise cloud solution. Directus Cloud is the fastest and best way to demo Directus. Visit www.directus.io to learn more.