Zaloni Research Reveals Latest Data Governance Trends
Data quality is top capability of data governance according to survey.
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose press releases related to the data and analytics industry. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key information but make no claims as to its accuracy.
Zaloni, a data governance and DataOps specialist, announced a new research report in partnership with Dataversity. The 2022 State Of Cloud Data Governance report was based on a survey of nearly 400 data professionals about why organizations invest in data governance tools and technologies, how they overcome challenges with proper data governance, and how to accurately measure the ROI of data governance initiatives.
When it comes to what organizations see as the most valuable capability for data governance tools, data quality was the clear winner (over 80 percent of respondents cited this capability), followed by data cataloging and business glossary capabilities.
Though many data professionals can agree that implementing a data governance strategy within their organization is crucial, the challenges to implementing such strategies vary. Participants were asked about the biggest challenge they were facing in traditional and cloud data governance. “Skills needed to manage new technologies” was the top answer.
Highlights from the report include:
- Nearly three-quarters of respondents (71 percent) agree that data governance improves the time to get data for analytics
- More than two-thirds of respondents said lack of understanding around governance is the biggest challenge they face
- Four in ten said cloud-agnostic technologies provide them with the most flexibility
- Skills to manage new cloud technologies, growing cloud ecosystem complexity, and increased data sprawl were the three biggest challenges implementing data governance in the cloud
- Data quality, data catalogs, and business glossaries are the top three data governance capabilities organizations need most
To learn more about the survey findings, download a copy of the full report (email address required).