Yellowfin Releases Data Storytelling Feed
Version 9.6 provides context to business users in an all-new unified analytics experience.
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Analytics vendor Yellowfin has released version 9.6 with new enhancements and capabilities that unify actionable dashboards, automated business monitoring and data storytelling for business users.
Yellowfin Stories, introduced in Yellowfin 8, enables users to create data narratives that generate a consistent understanding across an enterprise. Business users have the ability to combine written, long form analysis with embedded images, text, video or snapshots of analytics content from Yellowfin, all within a governed and secure platform.
The five key areas of enhancement in Yellowfin 9.6 are:
- Data Storytelling feed allows dashboard designers to incorporate the most relevant stories directly onto the dashboard
- Story Templates can be created based on existing stories from the Data Storytelling Feed, providing repeatability and efficiency to authors and allowing them to customize stories without starting from scratch
- Story Filters allow authors to dynamically filter embedded analytics content directly within a story and save this configuration against the published version, optimizing the process of creating recurring stories
- Visualizations have been enhanced on the Chart Builder, enabling analysts to perform deeper customizations with new options for chart axis values and labels, category spacing, and sorting
- SAML authentication now supports native identity provider configuration, enabling IT and DevOps teams to manage authentication parameters and configuration directly within the platform
For details, visit www.yellowfinbi.com/campaign/yellowfin-9-whats-new.