Qlik’s Data Literacy 2.0 Designed to Drive Data Fluency in the Enterprise
Program helps leaders enable their workforce to make better decisions with data.
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Qlik announced the next generation of its data literacy program. Data Literacy 2.0 is a comprehensive offering that enables companies to kickstart a program and scale it to thousands of employees.
Being able to read, work with, analyze, and communicate with data is rapidly increasing in importance in everyday lives and in the workplace. Qlik’s Data Literacy Index reveals that 93 percent of global business leaders believe it is vital for their employees to be data literate. However, just 21 percent of the global workforce feel confident in their data literacy skills and only 25 percent of employees felt fully prepared to use data effectively when entering their current role.
The Data Literacy 2.0 program enables organizations to start with a small, initial investment, then affordably scale data literacy across the entire workforce. It is designed to take individuals from data novice to data fluent; where they can confidently interpret and work with data and help drive best practices in data-driven decision-making across their organization.
“Being data literate can’t be a specialist skillset or limited to those with technical ability. Everyone needs to be fluent in data in both their personal and professional lives,” said Dr. Paul Barth, global head of data literacy at Qlik. “As we emerge from global lockdowns and accelerate recovery plans, business leaders need to arm their employees with the skills to succeed in an increasingly digital and data-driven workplace. If they don’t, they not only risk losing talent to organizations making greater investments in employee upskilling, but they stand to undermine the future productivity, performance, and competitiveness of their business.”
The Data Literacy 2.0 program includes:
- Launch services: Providing best practices and hands-on support for companies, including a proven methodology for starting and scaling data literacy across the business.
- Expert training: Instructor-led classes for in-depth discussions on working with data.
- Skills tracking: Data literacy assessments, certifications, and dashboards to measure progress. Employees can take a 2.5-hour exam to achieve gold-standard accreditation in data literacy.
- Community portal: An online forum to fuel peer-to-peer data literacy collaboration across the organization.
- Self-service courses: Over 20 online self-service data literacy courses and supporting resources for employees to upskill in their own time.
For details, visit https://thedataliteracyproject.org/learn