Software AG Releases webMethods Update with API and Microservices Enhancements
Release is designed to enable business users and power users create applications and services across on-premises and cloud environments.
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Software AG released an update to its webMethods platform for APIs, integration and microservices. With this release, companies can simplify and accelerate their digital transformation initiatives while also accelerating their adoption of cloud.
The latest updates to webMethods include:
- AI and ML-assisted smart mapping with suggested mappings based on best practices across the platform for building integrations
- An online community for partners and users to share cloud connectors as well as integration templates
- Graphical flow editorfor power users
- Drag-and-drop UI for business users
- Open APIs for API management and microservices deployment with containerized runtimes, helm charts, and CI/CD samples
- AppMesh connecting API management and microservices platforms for application-level visibility and control
According to a recent Gartner report, application leaders struggle to deliver APIs while minimizing the workload hitting their systems of record. APIs enable digital modernization and companies are increasingly adopting APIs and microservices as the building blocks for innovation. Recent research from Software AG and Vanson Bourne Ltd., shows that 97 percent of organizations believe it would be beneficial to combine the utilization of APIs, microservices, and integration as a bundled solution.
For details, visit https://www.softwareag.com/en_corporate/platform/integration-apis.html.