OpenText Releases Cloud Edition 21.1
Update includes API services, cloud capabilities, and additional enhancements across the OpenText portfolio.
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
OpenText released Cloud Edition (CE) 21.1, including API services, flexible delivery models, and expert managed services to help customers support modern work, engage customers, connect businesses to global commerce, and stay ahead of the competition.
The OpenText Cloud provides flexible deployment options with managed service expertise and run-anywhere software. Through partnerships with the major public cloud providers, OpenText helps remove barriers to digital transformation and facilitate the smooth flow of information across organizations.
The new release enables modern work by improving user productivity, process stability, and providing solutions to assist with regulatory compliance. Key updates in CE 21.1 include:
- Extended ECM for Microsoft Office 365 integrates with the Microsoft Azure Information Protection (AIP).
- OpenText Intelligent Viewing -- universal file viewer enabling quick, secure access to any file type with markup, annotation, redaction, and transformation capabilities.
- OpenText Extended ECM supports Salesforce Financial Services Cloud.
- Next-generation early case assessment and investigations technology with OpenText Axcelerate Investigation. Now available in the AWS cloud, Axcelerate Investigation provides rapid insights to inform case strategy and decisions.
Version 21.1 provides a single platform to create customer experiences at scale. Key updates include:
- New Qfiniti integration with Twilio Flex delivers advanced call analytics and management for modern cloud contact centers.
- Updates to Media Management, including AI-driven search updates, quick preview capabilities and tools supporting faster content distribution.
- SAP HANA & SAP NetWeaver connectors for Fax2Mail allow faxing from SAP for uninterrupted workflows.
- New RESTful APIs in OpenText Notifications facilitate SMS app integration.
The new release strengthens cyber resilience by helping organizations protect intellectual property, customer records, and sensitive financial information. Key updates in CE 21.1 include:
- The release of BrightCloud Cloud Service Intelligence, enabling cloud access security brokers (CASB) and other security and technology vendors to enforce data-centric security policies and prevent unwanted interactions with cloud services and associated applications.
- New anomaly detection rules engine within OpenText EnCase Endpoint Security to help security operations centers) detect and remediate potential SolarWinds Orion SUNBURST compromises.
Underpinning each of the clouds are OpenText solutions for AI and Automation. OpenText Magellan provides pre-built components that can be individually deployed, and the OpenText AppWorks platform enables business and technical users to rapidly build applications that improve efficiency, optimize employee skills, and provide insights. Major enhancements in CE 21.1 include:
- A new Magellan Integration Center that allows content and data to be replicated and synchronized between on-premises applications and the OpenText Cloud.
- Improvements to AppWorks cloud security to help enable compliance with stringent security capabilities.
For details, visit https://www.opentext.com/products-and-solutions/latest-opentext-releases.