Ahana Releases Managed Service for Presto on AWS
Company also offers combined package with Intel to advance adoption of open data lakes analytics.
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Ahana, the self-service analytics company for Presto, released Ahana Cloud for Presto, a cloud-native managed service focused on Presto on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Additionally, Ahana announced a solution in collaboration with Intel to offer an open data lake analytics accelerator package for Ahana Cloud users that leverages Intel Optane on the cloud with AWS.
Ahana Cloud for Presto is a cloud-native managed service deployed within the user’s AWS account, giving customers complete control and visibility of clusters and their data. Ahana Cloud for Presto includes:
- Ahana SaaS Console for creation, deployment, and management of multiple Presto clusters within a user’s AWS account bringing the compute to user’s data
- Support for Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Amazon Relational Database (Amazon RDS) for MySQL, Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL, and Amazon Elasticsearch
- Click-button integration for user-managed Hive Metastores and Amazon Glue
- Built-in hosted Hive Metastore that manages metadata for data stored in Amazon S3 data lakes
- Pre-integrated and directly queryable Presto query log and integrations with Amazon CloudWatch
- Cloud-native, highly scalable and available containerized environment deployed on Amazon EKS
“With Ahana Cloud being generally available, the power of Presto is now accessible to any data team of any size and skill level,” said Dipti Borkar, cofounder and chief product officer, Ahana. “By abstracting away the complexities of deployment, configuration, and management, platform teams can now deploy ‘self-service’ Presto for open data lake analytics as well as analytics on a range of other data sources. Users are looking for analytics without being locked-in to proprietary data warehouses. This offering brings a SaaS open source analytics option to users with Presto at its core, using open formats and open interfaces.”
Ahana also announced its participation in the Intel Disruptor Program to drive the adoption of open data lake analytics. Together, Ahana and Intel will offer an open data lake analytics accelerator package, available for Ahana Cloud users of Intel Optane on AWS.
An open data lake analytics approach is a technology stack that includes open source, open formats, open interfaces, and open cloud, a preferred approach for companies that want to avoid proprietary formats and technology lock-in that come with traditional data warehouses.
For details visit https://ahana.io/.