Micro Focus Solution Reduces Risk Associated with Global Data Privacy Regulations
New SaaS file analysis cloud service lowers cost of compliance and provides competitive advantage with content analysis, contextual analytics, and personal data discovery across mission-critical repositories.
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose press releases related to the data and analytics industry. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the author's statements.
Micro Focus has released its new File Analysis Suite, offering IT administrators a comprehensive data life cycle management solution for identifying, managing, and securing sensitive information across the enterprise. As organizations implement protocols to meet national and international data regulations, the Micro Focus File Analysis Suite lowers the total cost of compliance, reduces risk, and provides analytical insight and value across high-value and sensitive data assets.
“With Micro Focus File Analysis Suite customers no longer need to choose between traditional platforms that are limited to only offering storage optimization or data access and governance,” said Rick Carlson, vice president, information management and governance solutions at Micro Focus. “Featuring tools that combine detailed information analysis and insight with extensive risk assessment tools, our unified solution lowers the total cost of compliance, reduces risk, and provides analytics insight and value that creates competitive advantage.”
Organizations employing the solution can automatically take action on sensitive data content as well as current and legacy text files, and can be assured of complete content analysis, indexing, and reporting of file information and metadata in context.
By providing identity and access governance, complete data visibility mapping, and actionable analytics to optimize server efficiency and data quality, Micro Focus File Analysis Suite ensures data life cycle management and data access governance for a unified approach to mitigating the risk associated with managing sensitive data.
New data discovery features and capabilities within the suite include:
- Governance and compliance. Deep data discovery, data classification, audit trails, and analysis to evaluate, detect, and govern sensitive and high-value information and optimization associated IT systems and infrastructure.
- Sensitive data analytics. Automated tagging plus metadata enrichment with prebuilt sensitive data analytics and pattern matching in support of GDPR, CCPA, PIPEDA, POPI, and KVKK, as well as PCI and PHI.
- Risk mitigation. Develop custom policies and controls to monitor, remediate, and proactively manage identities and data access across critical data repositories.
- Research workspaces. Create and collaborate around sensitive data within Workspaces to conduct deeper analysis, identify additional data sets, and review sensitive data.
- Data subject analysis. Leverage prebuilt templates designed to assist in reporting and responding to consumer and data subject access requests.
- Data management. Remediation actions to be applied to selected files without the need for moving or copying the data from its source (e.g., collect, hold, delete).
- Search and discovery: Analyze, tag, and manage high-value assets (e.g., contracts, intellectual property, patents, etc.) and sensitive personal data (e.g., PI/ PII, PCI, PHI, etc.) across unstructured data including files, email, business records, structured data, images, and rich media.
Organizations that can gain a deeper understanding of where sensitive and high-value data resides are better equipped to protect and secure that data to remain in compliance. Siloed tools cannot address the data governance and security challenges many organizations must overcome. As a complete end-to-end data life cycle management solution, File Analysis Suite is just one of the ways Micro Focus helps customers bridge existing and emerging technologies in the race for digital transformation.