Attunity Launches Streaming Data Pipeline Solution for Data Lakes on AWS
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Attunity Ltd., a provider of data integration and big data management software solutions, announced a new solution: Attunity for Data Lakes on Amazon Web Services (AWS) that automates streaming data pipelines on AWS. The offering supports streaming real-time data from major enterprise databases, mainframes and applications such as SAP to accelerate near real-time analytics, machine learning (ML), and artificial intelligence (AI) initiatives.
Enterprises are moving to cloud data lakes as they provide greater agility and elasticity but continue to be challenged to efficiently create analytics-ready data sets from heterogeneous data sources. Such integration can be a manually intensive and complex endeavor, challenging to assemble. It often results in outdated data when it’s finally ready for business consumption. Attunity helps overcome these challenges with a solution leveraging Apache Spark technology to further accelerate and automate data pipelines, from the generation of source system data streams right through to the creation of analytics-ready data sets.
Attunity’s support for data lakes on AWS helps enterprises to:
- Improve operational efficiency and increase ROI. Using Apache Spark as a high-performance engine, the solution can automate the generation of transformations and allow for analytics-ready data sets. Data engineers can expect to quickly create reusable, automated data pipelines that streamline the delivery of analytics-ready data sets to end users, reducing the need for manual coding or expensive development resources.
- Provide transactional data for analytics efficiently and in near real-time. Continuously streaming data and metadata updates powered by Attunity’s change data capture (CDC) technology keeps data sets accurate and current. It supports a broad range of data sources, from on-premises and cloud databases and data warehouses to SAP and mainframe systems.
- Provision trusted data sets to promote confidence. Users discover managed data sets through a catalog that includes metadata such as data lineage. Users can be confident in the origin and preparation of their analytics-ready data sets.
- Establish best practices for real-time data pipeline delivery. Attunity’s offering can automate the necessary steps in a multizone data lake and provide a full historical data store from which analytics-specific data sets are derived.
- Readily adapt to changing technologies. The solution’s graphical interface and data pipeline management functionality readily adapt to changes in underlying data lake technology and new AWS offerings with drag-and-drop.
For more information, visit www.attunity.com.