FICO Opens Xpress Mosel Programming Language
Company offers free access to the analytics orchestration, optimization modeling, and programming language.
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Silicon Valley analytics software firm FICO has opened Xpress Mosel, a flexible analytics orchestration, optimization modeling, and programming language, to connect to any solver. With this free-to-use release, anyone can create optimization models to solve problems more efficiently and make better business decisions based on data.
Oliver Bastert, Ph.D., vice president of optimization product management, FICO, explained that users can now employ the same technology that optimizes operations for global brands such as Southwest Airlines, Honeywell, and Nestle.
As the core of all FICO Xpress Optimization solutions, Xpress Mosel serves as the glue that connects business users with data and advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence capabilities. Users can rapidly develop and deploy optimization solutions that solve complex, real-world business and customer engagement challenges. Now, by enabling open connections to third-party solvers beyond the FICO Xpress Solver, optimization professionals may choose their solver technology based on their specific problem characteristics or personal preferences.
Benefits of FICO Xpress Mosel include:
- Simple deployment in heterogeneous environments and support on all operating systems
- Flexibility to solve the most complicated optimization problems, not limited to or by predefined language features
- Fast optimization models take advantage of the full computing infrastructure through distributed computing, including cloud
- The ability to quickly pivot when circumstances change
- Rapidly deploy optimization into any use case, ranging from real-time artificial intelligence systems to collaborative business user environments
FICO Xpress Mosel is available by downloading the FICO Xpress Community License.
To learn more about the FICO Xpress Optimization portfolio and Xpress Mosel, visit the FICO Xpress Community.