Collibra Announces Collibra Catalog
Collibra Catalog helps analysts and information users spend less time looking for essential clinical, financial, and operational data and more time solving business challenges.
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Collibra, a provider of data governance software for business users, has introduced Collibra Catalog. Collibra Catalog is both a report and a data catalog that helps analysts and information users spend less time looking for essential clinical, financial, and operational data and more time solving critical business challenges.
Collibra Catalog takes a “consumerized” approach to data and report access that enables business users to find and “shop” for relevant information in much the same way as they shop for products in their everyday lives on consumer sites such as Amazon.
Collibra Catalog helps users find, understand, and trust information to improve confidence in analyses. It serves as a single source of intelligence for users across the organization who need access to enterprise data.
- Data experts are empowered through semantic search features to find, use, and enrich data assets for a more immediate business impact.
- Business intelligence analysts are freed from wasteful data wrangling so they can devote more of their time to solving real business problems.
- Self-service users can use existing data in new and different ways, driving insight through collaboration and eliminating data silos.
Collibra Catalog also features unique data catalog functionality that:
- Spans big data and legacy data management platforms.
- Brings together custom and vendor-provided reports.
- Goes beyond structural and usage metadata to the complete meaning, lineage, and relationships of data.
- Incorporates machine learning functionality that serves up increasingly relevant data to users over time.
- Provides out-of-the-box operating models and flexible structure for easy-to-use information about any type of data. Collibra Connect links the data sources, business applications, data lakes, data quality systems, and all sources of metadata into a responsive system. These connections enable the system to detect changes and apply policies immediately without manual steps, driving active data governance.
For more information on Collibra Catalog, visit www.collibra.com.