MapD Announces New Features for GPU and Visual Analytics Platform
New features accelerate and simplify querying capabilities for enterprise customers.
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
MapD announced new feature and performance enhancements to its Core database and Immerse visual analytics platform.
New features on MapD Core, the company's in-memory, relational database, include:
- Faster performance for features such as high-cardinality GROUP BY operations over multiple columns and new text search capabilities.
- Enhanced connectivity via a redesigned SQL connector to pull data from other databases, improved JDBC capabilities to power third-party visualization products, and enhanced Hadoop integration.
- Improvements to MapD's innovative Iris Rendering Engine. Now clients can render multiple map layers and experience enhanced polygon, shape, and Vega-driven rendering.
New features in MapD Immerse, the company's visual analytics engine, include:
- Enhanced chart creator that makes it easier for analysts to develop new views. Rather than having to choose the chart type up front, users can define their data for a chart and then switch between appropriate visualization options for the chosen data types. An expanded library of chart types and the ability to set custom color dimensions provide additional options.
- New custom measures that allow users to aggregate or specify row-level calculations using any supported SQL statement.
- Custom filters to precisely control functions such as the SQL WHERE statement. This allows users to look at only the most relevant records, using arbitrary, flexible SQL statements to accelerate the discovery process.
- Enhanced text search functionality means that analysts can carry out precise text searches using regular expressions, allowing complex matching rules and fuzzy matching.
- Enhanced binning capabilities, now applicable to any chart, allow users to view data by numerical groupings.
MapD's product can be deployed on premise or in the cloud. MapD hosts an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) on the AWS marketplace and is available on IBM Softlayer and Google Cloud deployments. For more information about MapD, visit www.mapd.com.