Attensity Introduces DiscoverNow for Quicker Time to Insight through Intelligent Categorization of Data Sources
Integration with Informatica and real-time data analysis deliver comprehensive view of customers and markets ,
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Attensity has launched DiscoverNow, a cloud-based text analytics solution that enables companies to get a more complete understanding of their customers, so they can make better business decisions faster. Through a built-in integration with the Informatica Cloud, which synchronizes data from many major business applications, DiscoverNow provides automated insights from over 150 internal and external text-based data sources on the market today, making it a text analytics application with out-of-the-box comprehension of both corporate and social data. The breadth of data that DiscoverNow analyzes, coupled with intelligent categorization that automatically categorizes documents and articles into logical groupings, gives enterprises a holistic view of their business in real-time.
“Gaining insight into what customers are saying about a company’s products and services, both to the company directly, as well as to their social networks of family and friends, is essential for building and maintaining strong customer relationships,” said Howard Lau, CEO of Attensity. “By pairing our text analytics expertise with Informatica’s ability to connect to so many applications and their data, DiscoverNow empowers users to synthesize both structured and unstructured data from any source, giving companies the most complete view of their customers.”
Enterprises have access to billions of pieces of data from both internal and external sources, but gleaning insights and deriving meaning from them can be overwhelming and time intensive. Within a few days of implementation, DiscoverNow can automate 80 to 100 percent of the tagging and categorization work typically carried out manually. This enables business users to see the “big picture” view of their organization faster and get to the insights needed to impact the bottom line, whether that’s better understanding the customer journey or managing brand reputation.
“The cloud and on-premises applications that companies use to run their business contain hugely valuable customer insights, but when data sources are disparately distributed and decision makers don’t have the data at their fingertips, then they are looking at an inaccurate view of their data,” said Ronen Schwartz, senior vice president and general manager, Informatica Cloud. “The relationship between Attensity and Informatica enables our joint customers to harness internal and external data to get a real-time 360-degree view of their customers.”
Key features of DiscoverNow include:
- Intelligent auto categorization: Sophisticated natural language processing technology automatically derives meaning from and categorizes disparate external data sources into logical categories based on keywords, themes, concepts, patterns, events, and ideas, with a high success rate. DiscoverNow also uniquely understands and presents the context that text appears in, for example distinguishing the long-used adjective “uber” from the new “Uber” on-demand ride service.
- Integration with hundreds of data sources: Company data that is often siloed across various sales, marketing, IT, HR and customer care applications is collected and analyzed in one platform. DiscoverNow accesses and understands text data from sources such as Salesforce.com, SAP, Oracle/Siebel, Box, Concur, Dropbox, Datasift, Eloqua, Hadoop, HIPAA, JIRA, MailChimp, Marketo, MySQL, NetSuite, and Thomson Reuters.
- Robust aggregation of internal and social data sources: Knowing what’s being said about an organization via social channels or news sites is essential for assessing business threats and opportunities. DiscoverNow aggregates external text sources such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube, Reddit, forums, video, and review sites and combines those with an organization’s own data for a 360 degree view of what the customer is saying and doing.
- Company personalization: DiscoverNow is easily customizable through the creation of rules based on language unique to a company, its brands, products, and industry.
- Alerts/Reports: Built-in graphics dashboards display real-time events and trends and user-defined alerts which signal the need for immediate action.
- Intuitive user interface and easy customization: The drag-and-drop interface makes it easy for users to update, personalize, and merge categories.
- Rapid implementation: As a cloud-based application, DiscoverNow can be up and running in days and producing meaningful insights in weeks.
DiscoverNow is available immediately, and further information is available here.