MapR Technologies Accelerates HBase Applications
Latest release of M7 improves throughput, eliminates latency spikes.
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
MapR Technologies, Inc., a Hadoop technology specialist, has updated its M7 edition to improve HBase application performance with throughput that is four to 10 times faster while eliminating latency spikes.
HBase applications can now benefit from MapR’s high-performance platform to overcome a major issues for on-line application, consistent read latencies across varying workloads.
MapR achieves such performance through such differentiated features as:
- Architecture that persists table structure at the file-system layer
- No compactions (I/O storms) for HBase applications
- Workload-aware splits for HBase applications
- Direct writes to disk (vs. writing to an external file system)
- Disk and network compression
- C++ implementation that does not suffer from garbage collection problems seen with Java applications
MapR M7 Edition is available now for download for on-premise use as well as for cloud deployments with Amazon EMR and the Google Cloud Platform.
For more information, visit maprtech.com