Dell Releases Data Warehouse Solution for Midsize Enterprises
Dell’s easy-to-implement data warehouse appliance for mid-market and departmental customers uses Dell PowerEdge servers, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Data Warehouse Appliance Edition.
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Dell is now shipping its new Dell Quickstart Data Warehouse Appliance 1000 that can make it easier for mid-sized organizations to quickly and cost-effectively derive actionable business insights from existing data and make improved business decisions.
“Mid-market organizations, not unlike large enterprises, are challenged by the explosion of data volumes and are looking for better ways to analyze and use this data to gain business insights and stay competitive,” said Ben Linder, executive director of data warehousing and business intelligence for Dell.
“Limited IT resources and budgets have mostly prevented mid-sized organizations from building data warehouses and realizing the insights they need. Dell now offers the mid-market a comprehensive, robust, affordable, and simple data warehouse solution.”
Traditionally, data warehouse platforms have been designed for large organizations with sizable staffs. The Dell Quickstart Data Warehouse Appliance is designed for easy installation and fast time to value, allowing organizations -- even those with limited resources -- to leverage information to make improved, more informed business decisions.
Powered by new Dell PowerEdge 12th-generation servers and the new Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Data Warehouse Appliance Edition, the Dell Quickstart Data Warehouse Appliance is a comprehensive software, hardware, and support services solution. It includes Dell Boomi for easy integration of data from any source, including cloud, and includes start-up and training services to give clients a successful start, as well as quarterly health checks to help ensure ongoing success.
The Dell Quickstart Data Warehouse Appliance 1000 benefits include:
- A cost-effective powerful platform that supports up to 5TB of user data
- Balanced configuration that offers optimal performance in a minimal footprint
- Lightweight subscription-based data integration service that integrates data from any source using an intuitive visual interface
- Bundled set-up, training, and health check services to help ensure implementation of first business use and ongoing success
- The latest server and SQL Server database platform technologies from Dell and Microsoft in a comprehensive and integrated package, with Dell support to minimize risk
More information is available at www.dell.com.