Talend’s Updated Unified Platform Offers Holistic Integration Solution
New version 5 supports shifts to cloud, big data; includes new business process management product.
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Talend today announced version 5 of its unified platform for integration, introducing a holistic approach to integration, enabling IT organizations to converge traditionally disparate integration efforts and practices through a common set of products, tools, and best practices. The Talend Unified Platform provides a common foundation for the products to be used individually or in concert depending on the needs of the organization.
In addition, Talend v5 has been designed to support and enable the current market shifts toward the cloud and big data. The increased deployment of hybrid cloud environments, consisting of a combination of on-premises systems, private clouds, public clouds, and SaaS creates unique integration challenges that can only be addressed effectively by integration platforms that span all environments.
Likewise, the fast adoption of big data projects, geared at extracting actionable information from massive amounts of data, requires an integration solution that is deeply integrated with big data technologies such as Hadoop. Version 5 of the Talend Unified Platform includes deployment tools, connectors, and components that specifically enable hybrid cloud integration environments and that natively harness the power of Hadoop and other Big Data platforms.
Talend Enterprise BPM for Process Integration
Talend v5 includes a new business process management (BPM) product, Talend Enterprise BPM, to complement the existing data management and application integration products. BPM allows businesses to easily model and manage new and existing processes; its inclusion within Talend v5 enables users to integrate business workflows into their existing application and data infrastructure. With the addition of Talend Enterprise BPM, users now benefit from a holistic integration solution to coordinate business processes with their data and applications.
Talend Enterprise BPM is based on an OEM partnership with BonitaSoft, an open source BPM solutions provider. Talend Enterprise BPM enables management, business analysts, developers, and end users to model processes, collaborate on improvements, and rapidly create and optimize process-driven solutions. Through the intuitive user interface, organizations can create process-based applications in minutes.
Advancing Data Management, Application Integration
In version 5, the products licensed under an open source license have been united under the “Talend Open Studio” umbrella. The following products are available for immediate download:
- Talend Open Studio for Data Integration (formerly Talend Open Studio), an open source data integration/ETL tool
- Talend Open Studio for Data Quality (formerly Talend Open Profiler), an open source enterprise data profiling tool
- Talend Open Studio for MDM (formerly Talend MDM Community Edition), an open source MDM solution
- Talend Open Studio for ESB (formerly Talend ESB Studio Standard Edition), an open source ESB based on leading Apache Software Foundation integration projects
In addition, a number of individual enhancements were made to the best of breed products that comprise Talend v5.
For data integration:
- Extension of existing big data components with enhanced support for Hadoop’s Hive, Pig, and Sqoop as well as improved FileScale to take advantage of MapReduce technologies without its complexity
- New set of .NET components to initiate and pass data to and from .NET objects from data integration flows
- Improvements in XML mapping to create complex advanced data services and transform XML to relational data
For data quality:
- New wizards and cheat sheets that help to find duplicates and identify data linkages
- Real-time visualization of match results at development time, showing instantly the effect of algorithm or parameters changes
- Worldwide address validation and enrichment through the Google Geocoding API
For master data management:
- Global, high performance search capabilities across the master data hub
- Web forms designer to design and deploy custom forms for any mastered entity
- Ability for business users to import or export master data through a web interface
For enterprise service bus:
- Single development environment to graphically develop, build, test and publish secure Web services, REST applications, data services, and messaging routes
- Ability to perform intuitive functional testing, load testing, security testing, and simulation of services
- Quick deployment of services and applications through a browser-based deployment console
Talend Open Studio for Data Integration, Talend Open Studio for Data Quality, Talend Open Studio for MDM and Talend Open Studio for ESB are available immediately and can be downloaded freely from www.talend.com. Enterprise Editions will be available within 30 days through the usual Talend representatives and channels.