Pentaho BI 4 Adds Interactive Reporting, Enhances Visualizations
New and improved features for technical and business users/analysts alike.
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Pentaho, a worldwide provider of business intelligence (BI) software, has released Pentaho BI 4 Enterprise Edition, featuring new interactive reporting, rich data discovery capabilities, and a completely redesigned user interface to help business users access, report, and analyze data from more sources, more easily, and in less time.
The new interactive, Web-based report designer provides intuitive report-building features for non-technical business users so they need not rely on IT. Pentaho BI 4 includes a new visual interface designed to make BI more appealing and consumable by developers, power users, and o non-technical business users. The new visual interface is also re-designed for ease of customization; direct customers and OEM partners can easily re-skin the application to conform to their own standards or existing applications.
Non-technical business users can:
- Dynamically interact with saved reports by applying sorting, filtering, groupings, and summary totals on the fly
- Easily create highly formatted, interactive reports with no training and no dependence on IT or power users
- Incorporate interactive reports into Pentaho dashboards that tie to common dashboard controls
Power users and/ business analysts will be able to:
- Enhance data discovery with new multi-chart visualization capabilities
- Take advantage of interactive drillable charts to drill up and down through data hierarchies and link visualizations to related content
- Improve interactivity with dashboards via addition of dashboard-level filters and ability to link to additional content
- Create more informative and appealing charts through extended chart properties;
- Access more complex data sources leveraging Pentaho's semantic metadata layer that allows business users to interactively report and analyze data in a self-service, Web-based environment without having to know SQL or MDX.
Features for developers and administrators include:
- Access to data from a wider range of “big-data” stores including Hadoop and NoSQL
- New, tighter integration with high-performance data marts and data warehouses including EMC Greenplum and Ingres Vectorwise
- The ability to deploy data integration as a service, integrating data from multiple sources on the fly and make it available as a virtualized federated data stream via Web Services without loading the data into a data mart or warehouse
- Quick and easy set-up of report bursting using a drag-and-drop workflow design tool, enabling mass distribution of personalized content to information consumers
- Using a Web-standards approach, customize user interfaces to conform to their organization's look and feel
For more information, visit www.pentaho.com/power-to-the-user.