InetSoft Advances Agile BI with Update to Style Intelligence
Includes streamlined developer and administrative tools
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
InetSoft Technology, a dashboard, reporting, and mash-up solutions provider, has released a new version of its flagship business intelligence software application, Style Intelligence, that will allow developers and administrators to work more efficiently and nimbly.
The most noticeable advance is the creation of a single application, called Style Studio, that merges developer applications such as a report designer, a data modeler, and a data mash-up tool
This new application uses the Netbeans GUI framework, and allows users to customize the layout and arrangement of the various panes to better suit how they work. As part of this work, many usability improvements have been delivered to make the development process more efficient.
A cornerstone of InetSoft's agile BI functionality is the direct data access and enterprise data mash-up engine built with InetSoft's Data Block technology. Enterprises can more easily combine data from data warehouses, operational databases, and spreadsheet sources to see a detailed, unified view of the performance of whatever business function they wish, as well as high-level view of all of the organization’s key metrics.
Another level of agility is gained because no ETL process or data warehouse is necessary to aggregate operational data. If ETL processes and data warehouse are used, InetSoft's application lets users experiment with new dashboards or reports using new data models that can later be codified in ETL processes when ready.
Among the dozens of other feature enhancements available in this release:
- Report table design gets more drag-and-drop and fine-tuned control capabilities
- Dashboards can automatically calculate popular business formulas such as running totals, moving averages, period-over-period changes
- Intelligent automatic query trap handling for more reliable ad hoc reporting
- Greater control and customization for dashboards and visualizations
- Automated scheduler improvements to send email or archive dashboard snapshots, or to send alerts based on more complex calculations or thresholds
- New offline dashboard and report viewing options
- Upgraded SAP connectivity is now supported out-of-the-box
- More flexible administration of nodes in clustered environments
To view a Flash demo of Style Intelligence, or to download a free evaluation copy, visit www.inetsoft.com.