Pitney Bowes Business Insight Updates Sagent Data Flow
Enhances complex BI analysis with additional integration capabilities
Note: TDWI’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Pitney Bowes Business Insight has released Sagent Data Flow v6.6, the latest version of its data integration and business intelligence (BI) solution. With several new integration capabilities and zero-tolerance defect management, Sagent Data Flow consolidates data from disparate sources into a single view for improved analysis, operations, and decision-making.
Sagent Data Flow v6.6 combines the capabilities of extract, transform, and load (ETL) and BI into one solution. It enables organizations to merge, cleanse, and analyze enterprise data, enhancing its value for existing business intelligence and ERP applications. The latest version enables customers to integrate and automate quality testing to avoid software failure and security breaches, detect errors for 64-bit Windows applications, and seamlessly integrate with Netezza as a certified data source.
New features and benefits in Sagent Data Flow v6.6 include:
- ODBC to Netezza: Capability to work with Netezza as a certified data source and target using ODBC (Open Database Connectivity). This enables users to create a BaseView and MetaView with a Netezza database, construct a drag-and-drop query and support any transform that can work with ODBC data sources.
- Web Services Plan Integration: WSDL (Web Services Description Language) enables users to call plans through a Web service to exposed APIs for quick results.
- Additional Platform Certifications: Client applications can run on Windows 7 Servers so users can operate on Solaris 10 and Weblink with Internet Explorer 8.
- 64-bit Centrus Transforms: Support for all Centrus transforms on 64-bit platforms, providing high performance with quick and flexible implementation.
- Sagent DirectLink for Silwood Saphir: Enhanced capabilities for ERP systems including SAP (mySAP and Business Warehouse) E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, and Siebel. Sagent DirectLink provides a single source solution for enterprise intelligence and Web-based data access.
More information is available at www.pbinsight.com.