Datawatch Introduces Monarch Business Intelligence Enterprise Server V5
Re-named, upgraded version of Datawatch ES helps companies solve problems faster at less cost
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Datawatch Corporation has begun to ship Monarch Business Intelligence Enterprise Server, Version 5. Previously named Datawatch ES, Monarch BI Enterprise Server provides a powerful and cost-effective alternative to complex, database-oriented BI solutions.
The updated product allows organizations to create the functional equivalent of a data warehouse at a fraction of the cost. With this solution, companies can store and transform existing business documents and reports, such as those created from ERP, CRM, accounting, or mainframe applications into on-demand, browser-based or Microsoft Excel spreadsheet tables, summaries, and charts for immediate online analysis. As a result, Monarch BI Enterprise Server offers an easier, more economical way to provide users with the information they need in the format they want by leveraging the time and knowledge already invested in an organization's internally or externally generated reports, log files, and other business documents.
Designed to easily scale from departmental to enterprise usage, Monarch BI Enterprise Server fully leverages an enterprise's existing systems. The solution requires a low initial investment and is easy to use, install, and maintain. It does not require programming or live database connections, so users with only a few minutes of training can access and analyze the data they need via a Web browser.
Key new features include a customizable user interface scheme and enhanced Excel exporting capabilities, simplified administrative tasks, and storage compression (to reduce disk space requirements).
Monarch BI Enterprise Server now also allows the storage of unaltered, original reports as a compressed archive side-by-side with working reports to help create a fully document-compliant environment.
The following modules come standard in the base version of Monarch BI Enterprise Server, including two modules (ES Extended Annotation and ES Report Search) that had been offered at an additional cost:
- ES Spreadsheet uses Monarch server technology to dynamically transform reports into browser-based or Microsoft Excel spreadsheets tables, summaries and charts
- ES Report delivers report storage, management, and distribution services for the entire enterprise
- ES Collaboration provides report annotations, discussion threads, and e-mail capabilities
- ES Extended Annotation allows users to look up reports by annotation and also gives a list of annotations in the report, often used for auditing report approval
- ES Report Search provides fast, full-text search of reports with an easy-to-navigate comprehensive list of results
Optional modules available for Monarch BI Enterprise Server include:
- ES PDF adds the ability to mine and store PDF files natively
- ES Style transforms reports or other text output stored in ES Report into online XML forms such as invoices or financial statements for viewing and printing
- ES TotalView provides powerful, interactive analysis of large report-based data sets, optionally linked with additional data sources, using a Web browser
- Datawatch Dashboards combines with ES TotalView so users can visually analyze report-sourced data sets in a variety of graphical chart types
- ES Cube extends the BI capabilities of Monarch BI Enterprise Server by transforming data selected from reports into a multidimensional data cube on the server and then downloading it to the user's Web browser for drag-and-drop analysis
- ES Notify allows users or administrators to request an e-mail notification when requested report data is online and available within the Monarch BI Enterprise Server Report archive
Monarch BI Enterprise Server V5 supports Windows Server 2003 32 bit and Windows Server 2008 32/64 bit; SQL Server 2005 and 2008; Oracle 10g and 11g; Websphere 6.1 and 7.0; Tomcat 5.5 and 6.0; and Internet Explorer 6-8.
Monarch BI Enterprise Server V5 is available now. More information is available at www.datawatch.com.