Expert Panel: Building the Unified Data Architecture
Webinar Speaker: Fern Halper, TDWI VP Research, Senior Research Director for Advanced Analytics
Date: Thursday, November 17, 2022
Time: 12:00 p.m. PT, 3:00 p.m. ET
As organizations collect large amounts of diverse data, they often want to modernize their data and analytics environments to support new use cases, such as building machine learning models or deploying modern analytics applications. This often involves modernizing their architectures to support a unified data environment.
The modern unified environment is governed, so the data is trusted. It is scalable to support massive amounts of data and is often hybrid or cloud-based. It supports a range of analytics and tools, including open source and commercial products. It supports multiple personas. Given this, it is no surprise that 83 percent of respondents to a recent survey believe that a unified platform is an opportunity.
Join TDWI Research VP Fern Halper and a panel of experts as they discuss opportunities, challenges, and best practices for the unified architecture. Topics will include:
- Challenges with current environments
- How organizations are accomplishing unified data architecture—cloud stacks versus data fabric
- Security and governance considerations for the unified environment
- Analytics in the unified architecture
- Best practices for getting started with unification
Fern Halper, Ph.D.