Expert Panel: Bringing the New Analytics Data Stack into Focus
Webinar Speaker: David Stodder, Senior Director of Research for BI, TDWI
Date: Tuesday, July 19, 2022
Time: 12:00 p.m. PT, 3:00 p.m. ET
Analytics projects and applications have never been more critical. Business strategies and forecasts gain value when informed by predictive analytics; predictive models are becoming key to daily decisions and actions. Artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) bring proactive intelligence to automated applications, sharpen search and natural language processing, enable immediate detection of important trends and patterns, and help organizations learn about their environment.
Yet, analytics initiatives grind to a halt without a steady flow of diverse and often high-volume data drawn from many sources. As organizations step up their analytics and expand in users and workloads, they are finding that the old technology stack is too limited. They need to modernize the data stack, today most often with cloud platforms and services. Data platforms vary; data lakes, data warehouses, NoSQL, and distributed engines and architectures such as data mesh and fabrics are among the choices.
This TDWI expert panel will focus on how to develop the right strategy for your analytics stack, i.e., the increasingly layered data technologies that ingest, collect, store, transform, cleanse, and deliver data for the range of analytics. We will discuss where organizations need to modernize their data platforms, integration, and management to move forward with analytics.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Trends in analytics and AI/ML projects and workloads
- Data democratization; growth in data-savvy “citizen” data scientists, hungry consumers of data insights, and innovative applications and services
- Decisions about data centralization, e.g., the data lakehouse, versus or in tandem with distributed data architectures
- Where automation is making the most difference
- The future: where we’re going with data architectures and management to support growth in analytics and AI/ML
Date: July 19, 2022
Time: 9:00AM PT