Augmenting BI and Analytics in the Age of AI and Big Data
Webinar Speaker: David Stodder, Senior Director of Research for BI, TDWI
Date: Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Time: 9:00 a.m. PT, 12:00 p.m. ET
Artificial intelligence (AI) and big data technologies are driving major changes in how organizations think about business intelligence and analytics. Rather than be limited to querying and reporting on just what is in traditional BI systems or data warehouses, many business users and analysts want to tap a fuller range of data in systems running Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, or on cloud data platforms and storage. At the same time, AI practices and technologies (in particular machine learning and natural language processing) are changing how users explore, analyze, and interact with data and the types of insights they can generate.
Join this TDWI Webinar to learn about key trends in BI and analytics based on research findings in a new, just-published TDWI Best Practices Report: BI and Analytics in the Age of AI and Big Data. The webinar will cover priorities for augmenting BI, analytics, and data preparation with new AI capabilities, in particular to capture value from big data and cloud data systems.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Research insights into investment priorities for augmenting BI and analytics
- Where big data platforms, fast interactive querying, streaming, and other technologies fit into BI and analytics strategies
- How to address barriers to moving ahead with technology advancements
- Where AI and machine learning will have the most impact on BI, analytics, and data preparation
- Best practices for getting value out of AI-infused solutions